Well, how on earth do you start one of these things without it sounding terrible? I have absolutely no idea, as this is my first ever blog. Perhaps I should start by giving you a few details about myself?
OK, here goes: I’m 28 years old and am currently living in Sydney. I’m married; to a man I shall call Mr Wombat. I have one sister, two parents and the very occasional grandparent. We have no children; at least none that are living. We are, however, building up a family of wombats, very slowly.
I am, despite currently being in residence in New South Wales’s premier city, an English girl through and through, and we normally live in the UK. This year in Sydney just being a bit of a hiccup in our residential status really.
Perhaps I should do one of those quiz thingies, “borrowed” from someone I know…
You can only type one word.
Not as easy as you might think…
1. Yourself: Achy
2. Your boyfriend/girlfriend [husband, actually]: Working
3. Your hair: Straight
4. Your mother/stepmother: English
5. Your dog: Stupid
6. Your favorite item: Ring
7. Your dream last night: Rude
8. Your favorite drink: Wine
9. Your dream car: Mercedes
10. The room you are in: Lounge
12. Your fear: Childlessness
13. What you want to be in 10 years: Fulfilled
14. Who you hung out with last night: Husband
15. What you’re not: Mother
16. Muffin: Chocolate
17: One of your wish list items: Baby
18: Time: Cake-time
19. The last thing you did: Cuppa
20. What you are wearing: Jeans
21. Your favorite weather: Sunny
22. Your favorite book: Potter
23. The last thing you ate: Peaches
24. Your life: Confused
25. Your mood: Resigned
26. Your best friend(s): Amazing
27. What are you thinking about right now? Swimming
28. Your car: Honda
29. What are you doing at the moment?: This!
30. Your summer: Bad
31. Your relationship status: Married
32. What is on your TV?: News
33. What is the weather like?: Sunny
34. When is the last time you laughed?: Earlier.
Hmmm… Does that help? Possibly not.
So why am I writing this? Well, partly because I like writing, and also because it helps me to sort out things in my head. So this is really mostly for me, I guess, so the people I know in “real life” don’t keep saying “Oh God, not you again? Shut up! We just don’t care!” Of course most of them are too polite, but there’s only so much wittering you can do before people start to get bored. Anyhow…